Tuesday, August 25, 2020 / by Sasha Spiegel
- Check out their recommendations online. Do they have more recommendations than most other agents in their area. Get the names and numbers of their former Buyer Clients that you can call for a reference and a list of the properties they have sold as a Buyer’s Agent.
- Confirm their local real estate experience. Make sure they are full-time, successful agents who know your marketplace with years of experience. Many agents are part-time and don’t have a full understanding of the current market. Ask them exactly what they will do for you and what you should expect from them. Make sure they fulfil your expectations. They should be a really good listener and a great negotiator.
- How many clients do they work with? They may be a “turn and burn” agent who just wants to get the deal done! Your Realtor needs to be willing to ask questions, listen to your request, and help you to focus your search on homes and areas that are going to appeal to you. Some agents will show you EVERY home on the market. This is a waste of your time. They already should be clueing into your needs to make sure you are only seeing the best valued properties that meet your needs.
- Do they have a blog that includes both local information and current market reports? This will be a quick way for you to bring yourself up to speed on the real estate market in that area.
- Do they have a team of professionals that will help you along the way? They should have trusted Mortgage Brokers, Inspectors, Transaction Coordinators, Escrow Officers, and Contractors. Legally you can use whomever you want. However, most buyers don’t have a team of professionals that can help them along the way. As a Concierge Realtor, I will handle all the details so you can focus on the important decisions about buying your luxury home in the North Lake Tahoe area. Buying a home should be a dream not a nightmare. Make sure you pick the best agent for you.