Monday, January 22, 2018 / by Sasha Spiegel
Tahoe Buyer’s Information
Here at Lake Tahoe buying a single family home, cabin or condo can be a dream come true. There are many excellent ways to get the best deal.
- Be prepared. Have your financials all in order. If you are buying cash you can probably get a better price. With a loan, speak with a mortgage professional to see what rates are and what price point is going to make you feel comfortable.
- Know the market. If you don’t currently know what properties are selling for you won’t know when a great deal comes up. I am happy to show you properties both in person and online.
- There are few ways to go about getting a excellent price once you find the property you like.
- Wait for the fall. Generally seller’s are more motivated to sell before the winter comes. Winter incurs many expenses for the seller, and they are less likely to sell in the winter due to the snow. Buyer’s can’t see the property as well, and most visitors to Tahoe in the winter spend most of their time on the snow instead of driving around looking at properties that are covered with snow.
- Negotiate on an over priced home. An other option is to negotiate on a property that has been over priced. As a skilled Negotiator, I can identify properties that are currently listed too high and aren’t getting any offers. I can help you get it below market value.
- Lastly to wait until a screaming deal falls in your lap. When it comes on the market and you will need to ACT FAST!!!. The only problem with this strategy is that all buyers are looking for the screaming deal, and are waiting for it to fall in their lap. There maybe many other offers on this type of property bringing back up to market value.