Tuesday, August 25, 2020 / by Sasha Spiegel
- Service your kitchen disposal by grinding several cups of ice cubes.
- Put white vinegar in your dishwasher and run to clean out dishwasher BEFORE the holidays.
- Make sure any outdoor furniture is put away or properly covered, including your grill.
- Pour 1 gallon of water down unused drains.
- Clean debris from gutters and ensure down spouts are free of obstruction.
- Check for leaks under sinks and toilets.
- Check for cracks in your foundation, brick or stucco.
- Review emergency procedures and ensure all the members of your family know what to do in the event of a home fire.
- Examine your chimney. Clean flue; repair any cracks in flue or any loose or crumbling mortar.
- Order a cord of wood…
It's always a good idea to start the winter off with a clean chimney and plenty of firewood. Here are some local businesses that specialize in preparing your home for the winter! Whether you need a couple cords of firewood
http://www.kosichfirewood.com/ - (530) 386-0415
http://www.bushwhackerstreeservice.com/firewood - 530-546-8307
http://www.codystree.com/firewood - (530) 541-TREE(8733)
http://www.alpinestoves.com - (530) 582-4985
http://www.tahoechimney.com - (530) 386-5955