Tuesday, December 21, 2021 / by Sasha Spiegel
And How to Avoid it.
If you've been to Tahoe in the winter then you know one thing is certain, traffic can be a nightmare. This year could end up being worse with everyone anxious to travel due to the last couple years of isolation. Here are some helpful tips to avoid spending your holiday on the road instead of on the mountain.
- "If your early you're on time, if you're on time you're late." This same rule applies when getting to the resort on time. Leave the house no later than 6:30am-7am if you want to be there by 8am.
- Avoid being on the roads between 8am-11am & 3pm-6pm.
- Save Breakfast for the resort. It's usually more expensive but will save you time on the road. Plus, resorts usually have amazing food.
- Make sure to get gas the night before.
- Check the Snow Report the night before and add extra travel time accordingly.
- Keep any eye on the CalTrans Traffic Cams the morning of.
- If you need tuning or waxing, a lot of resorts will take your equipment the night before and will have it ready for you morning of. (less to carry through the village too)
- Leave the resort early. Especially if it's a Sunday. The majority of traffic heads for home on Sunday. Again you don't want to be caught on the road between 3pm-6pm.
If you follow these simple steps you'll be miles ahead of the game, literally.
Stay safe out there.