Tuesday, August 16, 2016 / by Sasha Spiegel
August Home Maintenance Tips
1. Fix Leaky Faucets– Check faucets for leaks and install new rubber gaskets by unscrewing the faucet end, removing the old gasket and reassembling it.
2. Clean and Replace Grout and Caulk- Check the bathrooms and kitchen for any tears in the caulk in the shower and near the sinks. Grout should be cleaned regularly, but now is a good time to check for any cracks that might be letting moisture through.
3. Inspect the Water Heater- Your water heater should be maintained by a professional at least once per year. It’s also a good idea to inspect the water heater regularly for leaks. Even a small leak can cause major damage.
4. Remove Pest Havens- Piles of wood or debris, or stacks of yard waste are an open invitation for insects and pests to make their home in your yard or home.
5. Home Owner’s Insurance- Keeping the appropriate level of insurance will help ensure that you’re protecting everything you need to, but not overpaying for protection you don’t need. A quick call can provide peace of mind in case of emergency.